Friday, April 5, 2013

Top 10 Foodie Dishes

An anonymous reader forwarded this post from Zagat to me, with their take on the 10 dishes every self proclaimed Philadelphia should try.  It's by no means all-inclusive, but it is a fun little journey through some of the best of what this city has to offer.  

  1. Spinach Gnocchi at Vetri:  had it. loved it. worth the $155 tasting menu price tag. 
  2. Fried Cauliflower at Zahav:  had it. turned me into a cauliflower lover. 
  3. Foie Gras soup at Spraga:  not yet. on our check list though. 
  4. Beef and Tripe in chili oil at Han Dynasty:  really?  they didn't list the Dan Dan noodles?  i'll have to try this next time. 
  5. Escargots at Bibou:  not yet. on our check list though. 
  6. Chicken wings at Cafe Soho:  who's radar is this even on? apparently i need to take another trip out to Korea town. 
  7. Scallop Noodles at Ela:  not yet. on our check list though. 
  8. Bún bò Huế at Cafe Diem:  better than pho? this is now on my list. 
  9. Braciole at Vedge: have eaten here, no braciole though. i still think this place is overpriced. 
  10. Tagliatelli al Limone at Zeppoli:  seriously?  it's in Jersey. disqualified. 

What do you think? Is there something that they left off? There's a few things that come to my mind before South Jersey pasta. Grilled octopus at Amada? The whole roasted Pig's head at Alla Spina?  Anything off the Red Menu at David's Mai Lai Wah?  Regardless, it looks like I've got some eating to do. Let me hear your suggestions!! 

-Food Baby

1 comment:

  1. The foie gras soup at Sbraga is that good! Definitely a stand-out for me. I can't remember whether I had the scallop noodles at Ela...I think I did, but that tells you my thoughts. I will try the Jersey tagliatelli now that we've moved and will report back :)

    ReplyDelete