Monday, July 18, 2011

The 2011 Philly Burger Challenge

The great burger challenge of 2011 is under way! Food Baby's mission for the summer is to find the best burger in all of Philadelphia. I'm looking for that perfect piece of Americana - a soft roll, juicy burger, and melty cheese that defines everything that is simple and amazing about our most native gastronomical creation. We're ranking our burgers on the following criteria on a scale of 1-5; roll, toppings, taste, appearance, overall experience. I'll post the results once our crack team has compiled and tabulated the results at the end of the summer.

I've assembled a list of the top burger places in the city - some I've been to and am already biased towards (Good Dog) and some I've never tried but have heard amazing things (Kennett). So here's to making the most out of the warm weather and all the gluttony that these restaurants can muster up.  Do you have a suggestion for a great burger that's not on the list? Let me know! Email me or post a comment. I'll get your favorite added to the lineup.

The 2011 Philly Burger Challenge:
Pub & Kitchen
Kennett
Oyster House
Good Dog
Village Whiskey
Standard Tap
Rouge
Bobby's Burgers
500*

3 comments: